Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Default pull request tasks" YAML file setup?

Aaron Yarhouse April 20, 2023

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 4.03.51 PM.png

How is this .bitbucket/pull_request_tasks.yml file supposed to be setup?

Literally no documentation on it at the expected support page.

Is a task a description property? Maybe a title? How about just task?

- title: Documentation

- description: Documentation

- task: Documentation

These are what I've tried in the YAML, but none work to show a single task for "Documentation" on a basic PR for develop -> master. 

So what could it be?

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2023

G'day Aaron!

Welcome to the Bitbucket Cloud Community! :) 

I must admit, I am also struggling to find relevant documentation for configuring the pull_request_tasks.yml externally or internally for that matter.

I am aware that we have instructions for configuring pull request tasks in the UI located at the following link below:
https://bitbucket.org/blog/default-pull-request-tasks

I am also aware that this applies to all pull requests and does not yet support specific source/destination branches - you can "Watch" this feature request to receive updates and "Vote" for it to improve visibility with respect to our policies for implementing features:

I will need to get back to you regarding the YML configuration aspect, I have reached out to our developers for further information.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

Hi Aaron,

I've just confirmed with our developers that this pull_request_tasks.yml was accidentally rolled out and should not have been rolled out to customers, hence why there was no documentation. You should not see this message any further as the feature has been rolled back.

Thank you for spotting this.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events