Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

push from sourcetree failed - fixed problem - now says no changes to push

bcrow July 25, 2016

I had forgotten that I moved from a local server to Bitbucket for my remote repository.  I performed a commit using SourceTree with "push changes immediately to default" checked.  The commit worked but the push failed.

I fixed the destination path to point to the proper Bitbucket repository.  I clicked on push but got the message "no changes to push".  When I check the repository on Bitbucket, I can see that the source files were not updated.

What gives?  I'm stuck with changes on my local repository but I cannot push them to Bitbucket.

I am trying to push to 

https://bcrow@bitbucket.org/jenike/scan-namer-and-filer-utility

the error message I get says "repository is unrelated"

It looks like I may have caused the problem by copying the original files to a second folder, editing the files in that folder, moving the original files to a folder for obsolete files, then renaming the copy to the original name.

I have created a second repository to take up where the first one left off.

If someone knows a way to avoid this mess in the future, I would appreciate any tips.

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

If you've changed config relating to your remote, make sure you've done a successful Fetch.

Then try right-clicking on the branch in question, and go to "Track remote branch >", then find the appropriate branch from the Bitbucket remote.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events