pipelines fingerprint fails

I try to add the fingerprint for my server, but fail everytime.

This is the hostname I try to add: wdcdchallenge.pms72.net

It returns an error saying 'Unable to fetch fingerprints, check host SSH connection and try again'

I try to get th fingerprint for the domain wdcdchallenge.pms72.net. The host has as .ssh/authorized_keys file,, with the public key from the pipelines settings.

In the console of my browser, I see the folowing error :

GET https://api.bitbucket.org/internal/pipelines_config/ssh/keyscan/wdcdchallenge.pms72.net 404 ()

The response of the xhr is :

{"error": {"message": "Not found", "data": {"arguments": {"uuid": "wdcdchallenge.pms72.net"}, "key": "variable-service.public-key.not-found"}}}

So, what am I doing wrong?

3 answers

I have the same problem.. How long did it take before it worked for you?

The problem seems to be solved by itself and seems to have been a bitbucket issue.

0 votes

Old thread, same problem. Been trying to use bitbucket pipelines for deployment for 2 weeks now, unable to do so because bitbucket is unable to fetch fingerprints.

Try to add provide the port like hostip_or_url:ssh_port . I set it up with namecheap host through cpanel and it worked as a charm.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

402 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you