Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my login has changed (new company) but ssh still has old email as label

Mike Murnane
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2018

New login email address and new profile reflects this but adding my ssh public key (that I had previously but have revoked its use) and now added under my new identity (new email) still has old email as 'label'. I am unable to authenticate to Git through Sourcetree

3 answers

0 votes
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2018

The label in an SSH public key has no effect on the key function. It's only there for humans to tell keys apart.

0 votes
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2018

The label in an SSH public key doesn't affect the key's function - it's only there so humans can tell keys apart, and it's safe to remove if you want.

0 votes
Mike Murnane
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 9, 2018

OK - the situation happens for ssh authentication because a change of email addresses makes accessing the old key impossible. You need to make a new key with the new email address. Removing the old key and then trying to apply it as the user with a new email simply reestablishes the old emails key. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events