Francois Achache December 4, 2019

All is in the title... WTF

We pay on build time... 

What's append ?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hello @Francois Achache,

Welcome to the Community!

It's impossible to guess, but the main point is that it's very likely an issue in the configuration of your build script. Pipelines runs commands you specified in the script in a Docker image you specified (or in the default one if you didn't). Think of it as of running a virtual machine where Pipelines care about its lifecycle for you.

Have you tried debugging your pipeline locally, like it is described here? Maybe your build is downloading something from the Internet every time?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

Francois Achache December 4, 2019

Unfortunatly, even the restriction --memory=1g --memory-swap=1g, 20 secondes on my computer, 1 hour on pipeline.

Its not acceptable, that block on maven command during 1 hour. And that fail at the end. But with 1 hour for build, its impossible to debug something. I guess there is a problem with Bitbucket, Its not possible.
I will change to gitlab if I can't fix that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

Swapping to another system won't help you if you have a misconfiguration or not enough resource on your build machine.

You need to identify what the real problem is (it almost cerisn't bitbucket from what you've said) instead of just doing a knee-jerk jump which won't do anything useful for you.

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

@Francois Achache,

I replied in your original question describing the issue with a bit more details.

I have a strong feeling that the blocking that happens during your build is caused by a misconfiguration rather than some issue with Pipelines itself. Let's try to find out what exactly is happening.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events