It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

more than 1 hour for a build that take 2 min on my computer

All is in the title... WTF

We pay on build time... 

What's append ?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Francois Achache,

Welcome to the Community!

It's impossible to guess, but the main point is that it's very likely an issue in the configuration of your build script. Pipelines runs commands you specified in the script in a Docker image you specified (or in the default one if you didn't). Think of it as of running a virtual machine where Pipelines care about its lifecycle for you.

Have you tried debugging your pipeline locally, like it is described here? Maybe your build is downloading something from the Internet every time?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

Unfortunatly, even the restriction --memory=1g --memory-swap=1g, 20 secondes on my computer, 1 hour on pipeline.

Its not acceptable, that block on maven command during 1 hour. And that fail at the end. But with 1 hour for build, its impossible to debug something. I guess there is a problem with Bitbucket, Its not possible.
I will change to gitlab if I can't fix that.

Swapping to another system won't help you if you have a misconfiguration or not enough resource on your build machine.

You need to identify what the real problem is (it almost cerisn't bitbucket from what you've said) instead of just doing a knee-jerk jump which won't do anything useful for you.

@Francois Achache,

I replied in your original question describing the issue with a bit more details.

I have a strong feeling that the blocking that happens during your build is caused by a misconfiguration rather than some issue with Pipelines itself. Let's try to find out what exactly is happening.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Bitbucket

Contest: Share your custom Bitbucket Pipe and win

Announced in this blog, this holiday season we’re celebrating all things CI/CD and between now and the end of 2019 we’ll be showcasing content, use cases, feature announcements and more. One featur...

738 views 2 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you