Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration from azure devops to bitbucket

Santhosh M S November 11, 2020

Hi team,

need to migrate project code from azure devops to bit bucket, so can you help me here?

Thanks,

Santhosh M S

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2020

Hi Santhosh,

You can make use of the Import functionality in Bitbucket Cloud in order to migrate repos from Azure DevOps. If there are multiple repos, they need to be imported one by one, I'm afraid it's not possible to do a bulk import.

The import will migrate the Git repository only (with all the code and commit history), metadata like pull requests, permissions, etc are not migrated.

I found the following article which has step by step instructions on how you can do an import:

Did you have any specific questions about the migration that you need help with?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Osvaldo Guerra Lopez February 4, 2021

Hello Theodora, I have a followup question. Once you do the migration, if I make a change in the Azure DevOps Repo, the changes do not reflect on the Bitbucket repo. How can I automate this new changes?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2021
Sasidhar Navuluri February 21, 2024

Hi Theodora, 

Sorry for replying to the old post. I have a question regarding migration of repositories from ADO to Bitbucket. Can we use any REST APIs or Commands to perform this repo migration activity from ADO to BitBucket or we can only use GUI for this?

Regards,
Sasidhar N

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events