mercurial automated deployment on staging and production server using bitbucket

Presently we are using mercurial with tortoise HG for GUI to manage Repositories and our repositories are created on bitbucket.

Now I want to deploy my source code to my (staging/test) and production server. I had also googled for the same but I didn't found any good answer.

Please help me!! Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Kamal,

If you want to do this, there are a number of ways to deploy your source code. You could write a local script that downloads your repo, compiles your code, and deploys it. Bamboo is an excellant way to do this.

If you go this route, make sure you set up a Deployment Key. The Deployment Key doesn't count toward your Bitbucket plan limit and it gives a build process the ability to download your code.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Using+Deployment+Keys

Mary

Hi, you'd want continuous integration and a build server to do this. In terms of Atlassian products, this would be Bamboo.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Cloud? If so, let us know!

Hi Community, I'm Julia and I'm on the Jira Software Cloud marketing team!  We're looking for companies or teams using Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Software Cloud. If your team fits the t...

170 views 6 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you