mercurial automated deployment on staging and production server using bitbucket

kamal-aphroecs April 17, 2013

Presently we are using mercurial with tortoise HG for GUI to manage Repositories and our repositories are created on bitbucket.

Now I want to deploy my source code to my (staging/test) and production server. I had also googled for the same but I didn't found any good answer.

Please help me!! Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Kamal,

If you want to do this, there are a number of ways to deploy your source code. You could write a local script that downloads your repo, compiles your code, and deploys it. Bamboo is an excellant way to do this.

If you go this route, make sure you set up a Deployment Key. The Deployment Key doesn't count toward your Bitbucket plan limit and it gives a build process the ability to download your code.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Using+Deployment+Keys

Mary

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Hi, you'd want continuous integration and a build server to do this. In terms of Atlassian products, this would be Bamboo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events