Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it ip address restriction available in premium?

Sukhil P S July 7, 2022
We are using free accounts and are considering getting the Premium Plan specifically for restricting access by IP addresses.

Based on info I've seen so far, it's per repository, but I am not sure. Specially that there is no trial for the premium plan to check this.

Our requirement is that some users will be using a specific IP address, while others are not restricted.

My question is that is how flexible is is this IP restriction? Can it be set per user?

Is it set at the repository?

Or is it a global setting for all users in our organization? Not sure if this is possible though.

If the setting is indeed per repository, would it be a problem that some users (developers) of the repository will be restricted by IP while others (project managers) are not?

Thanks in advance!
Is IP whitelisting per user, per repository, or global (not sure if this applies) for Premium plan?

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2022

Hey @Sukhil P S 

G'Day!

The IP Allowlisting feature is not per repository. It's on the Workspace level. 

When enabled, this will require that users with access to private repositories or other private content are only able to see the content from specific IP addresses. If they aren't accessing from allowlisted IP addresses, users will see a message explaining why they have no access. In addition to being unable to see this content, users won't be able to clone, push, or pull a private repository either.

Currently, it's not flexible where you can have specific users bypass the feature. Since it's on the Workspace level, all users that have access to your Workspace will have to use IPs that were allowed when accessing your Workspace.

For more information on this, please check our KB at:

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events