Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install step in pipeline

Sergey Kurchatov December 12, 2021

Hello,

I am new for pipelines so excuse me if the question is obvious

In my build I have two steps:

1. Install VTK library. This is a long-time step but it needs to be run ~once a year

2. make myVTKapp. This is a quick step needs to be run several times a day (per each commit into the repo), but it is requires pre-installed VTK library

So how to do this with the pipeline without re-installing VTK each time?

Regards,

Sergey

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2021

Hi @Sergey Kurchatov,

Welcome to the Community!

This is going to depend on things about your environment.  The short version is that you really shouldn't do this as your build pipeline will work best when all of the steps can be run on every single build for consistency sake.

However, if you need to have the "Install VTK Library" step run but not as often, you are going to need to provide the agent machines the build will be performed on using:

Bitbucket Pipelines Runners

You will setup the Install VTK Library to execute against the agent infrastructure you provide.  Then you setup another build pipeline that runs just the make myVTKApp and is only executed by the agents that you have setup with Runners.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Sergey Kurchatov December 12, 2021

Thank you Jimmy Seddon!

I will try.

Sergey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events