cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update or rename Bitbucket repository once it is created

Piyush Pandey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 18, 2023

I have created a repository say abc/xyzAlphabets , which initially had no problems once created. However, seems that there are some validation in place while triggering release pipeline jobs which doesn't allow repository name to be in Capital letters.

Now one possible rework I can do is to delete the repo altogether and create a new one similar to other working projects, but is there any other way around? 

How can i rename project name from abc/xyzAlphabets to abc/xyzalphabets as i don't see any edit button on the stashblue site

1 answer

1 vote
Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2023

Hi @Piyush Pandey 

Welcome to the community!

You can change your repository name by following the below steps:

• Go to your repository.
  • On the left side click on the gear.png Repository Settings. If you can not see this option it means you don't have admin right for the repository. You first need admin right to be able to change the repository name.
  • On Repository details page change the Name field and click Save button.

This doc will help you more : actioner.com/blog/how-to-rename-a-bitbucket-repository

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events