Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to really enable one's own repository hook? Docs are pointing to UI only allowing search for marketplace ones.

Deshuang Tang September 12, 2014

The documentation talks about how to create one's own repository hooks but does not mention how to enable it. The UI only search for market place ones when I click on "Add Hooks". So the question is: what's the real flow of adding one's own hooks?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ed Gaile
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2014

Deshuang -

You would place your hook scripts in the "hooks" directory for your repository.  If you have SVN, it would looks something like:

/SVN
   /Repository-Name
      /hooks

There you can add your pre or post commit hooks.  For example there is a pre-commit hook that is available in the market place that allows you to restrict commits to your repository if there is not a valid JIRA ticket number in the comments section.  You would place the hook files (modified for your environment) into that /hooks directory and bounce your repository server. 

There may be some dependencies that you have to install depending on what your hook script is written in i.e. perl or python. 

Your script would do something like invoke the REST API to access JIRA, log in, and validate that the comment section of the commit contains a valid JIRA ticket number that is in "Open" status or whatever you need to verify.

Hope that helps some....

-Ed

Deshuang Tang September 15, 2014

Thanks for answering and that works. I also want to add a plugin so it shows in UI as well. Adam Ahmed has answered that part.

2 votes
Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2014

Writing your own hook involves creating one of those plugins and uploading it to your server through the Stash administration. 

Our developers docs go through how to create a repository hook plugin: https://developer.atlassian.com/stash/docs/latest/how-tos/repository-hooks.html

Deshuang Tang September 15, 2014

Thanks for your answer. The document is very useful. But where do I add that plug in to the server. I saw it only talks about testing it using another server within the SDK? Thanks, -Deshuang

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events