how to fix completely broken web access after login (404 error)?

joedefen June 9, 2023

When I log into my account, I get a mostly empty page with:

Resource not found

Return to the previous page or go back to your dashboard.

The browser tab is labeled, "404 -- Bitbucket".  The previous page and the dashboard link brings me to the same useless page. Note:

• this happens on all browsers, in incognito mode or not. So, I don't think is "me".
  • while I cannot do any web management of the repositories, I can still pull/push to them.

The address it shows (i.e., https://bitbucket.org/NAMEREMOVED/workspace/overview) does not seem to be mine (i.e., NAMEREMOVED does not seem to be mine).

I have no idea how to repair this or get someone to help.  Do you?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2023

Hello @joedefen and thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The error message "Resource not found" is usually returned when you try to access content to which you don't have access. As you mentioned the workspaceID you are being redirected to is not yours, this seems to be the case.

In this case, if you remember your workspaceID you can try to access it manually using the link in the format :

However, if you don't remember the workspaceID, you can view all the workspaces your account has access using the link below : 

and then select the correct one you want to access.

Thank you, @joedefen !

Patrik S

joedefen June 13, 2023

OK. That kinda works.  Thanks!  When I go to the workspaces page, I get two:

• joedefen - this one works ... under Actions, it says "Manage"
  • infantaquatics - this one is bogus (former association) - under Actions, it says "Leave" ... if i click leave, then it goes back to the "Resource not found" page.

When I logout/login, I'm always taken to the to "infantaquatics" workspace no matter the history apparently.   In my workspace settings, I changed the workspace ID (and back eventually), and that does not affect login.  I googled for how to set the default workspace on bitbucket login and found only questions, no answers.

So, if you will, the questions are now: (1) how do I actually "leave" "infantaquatics"?, and/or (2) how do i set the default login workspace to "joedefen"?  Thanks again.

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2023

Hello @joedefen ,

I checked the second workspace you mentioned and confirmed you are not a member of any repository/group within that workspace. The membership was out of synch so I triggered a manual synch that correctly updated the membership of that workspace and it should no longer appear in your workspace list.

As for defining the default workspace when you log in, I'm afraid that's currently not available, but we do have a feature request to implement that functionality : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @joedefen !

Patrik S

Like Sabine Mayer likes this
joedefen June 13, 2023

It is working great now. Thanks. Joe D

Like Patrik S likes this
Juri Mason November 27, 2023

hi! i know this is an old question but i'm experiencing the same issue... is there any way i can solve this now?

joedefen November 27, 2023

I think you have to open a new issue and wait for somebody to fix it for you.

Juri Mason November 27, 2023

alright, thank you

Andrew Coggins February 20, 2024

I am also having this issue. I attempted to reach out to support, but because the account is free, I am unable open a new ticket. Does that mean the only answer is to completely delete the account? This is a massive support oversight.

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2024
Hello @Andrew Coggins ,
I would like to ask if you could please create a new question for your issue, providing details on the errors you see.
We generally encourage users to create a new question for their issue instead of posting on someone else’s question, because
1) the root cause and resolution may be different for each case
2) a question can become cluttered and difficult to follow if we try to troubleshoot multiple users’ issues in it.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you, @Andrew Coggins .
Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events