Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to enable pull request and code review?

Eliah Ninyo December 4, 2019

Hello,

currently my repository doesn't enforce pull requests.

where can i set mandatory pull request? to prevent pushes with no permission.

i want also to add the process a code review. is there a plug-in for that?

in addition, as you realized, there were some pushes over the time and now i want to code review them. since it doesn't include pull request (since it is already in), what should i use? any suggestions?

thanks in advance,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hi @Eliah Ninyo ,

You can use branch permissions to enforce pull requests and add other restrictions to the master branch (for example). You can prevent rewriting of master and force pushes, etc.

Here is the documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/branch-permissions-385912271.html

master.png

Eliah Ninyo December 4, 2019

Thanks Tyler,

i will read the link you sent. 

can you please answer also the other questions regarding code review suggestions?

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

This question?

there were some pushes over the time and now i want to code review them. since it doesn't include pull request (since it is already in), what should i use? any suggestions?

You might need to review commits individually based on the author. I don't have a great suggestion for that. Installing a plugin like GitLens into your code editor might be helpful since you will be able to see who viewed commits as you encounter them in your code.

0 votes
Eliah Ninyo December 29, 2019

i put in the "merge via pull request" all the group "Everyone".

but this doesn't enfore pull request. 

people can still do push without pull requests. 

any other suggestions?

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2020

Is 'write access' empty?

Eliah Ninyo January 6, 2020

oh, you are right. 

i should remove the write access too :-)

thanks

Like Tyler T likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events