Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to edit file in stash?

Subhechha Paul April 30, 2015

I have created a project in stash and checked in code to git. How do I manage the code from Stash. When I am creating braches it does not allow me to edit the files. Where do I edit the files? Some help would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Subhechha

4 answers

1 vote
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2015

You edit the files on a local clone of the repository and then use git push to push them to Stash (or use SourceTree and use the "Push" button)

http://git-scm.com/docs/git-push

1 vote
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2015

You cannot edit the files directly from Stash, which is essentially a UI to manage your git repositories.  All edits are to be done in git.  

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2015

Stash is essentially just a place to store remote copies of your repositories.  It is a place to use to clone, pull, and push repositories to and from.  The syncing between git and stash is done mostly with those commands

git clone <stash_url> copies the repo to your local workstation

git push pushes new commits that exist locally back to the remote on Stash

git pull fetches any commits on Stash that don't exist locally and attempts to merge them

0 votes
Subhechha Paul April 30, 2015

how to sync up stash and git? do you have any demo on how to work on these 2 tools hand-in-hand?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events