Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check all the repos ownership

Laura Addiego June 4, 2019

One of our  colleagues is leaving the organization, and would like to remove this user, but before we do so, we want to make sure that we don't lose any of his work. 
So, how to check that all repos are safe if we delete this account?
How to query for all the repos that are owned by this account?
Thanks for your input.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2019

Hello Laura,

Users transitioning away can always be a cause for concern especially when it comes to losing data or work. There are a few options to check which repos are own by a user. Here are your options for finding the repos:

Once you have located all of the repos owned by the user you will need to change the owner. Since this is for the cloud product we will refer to the documentation as this may change in the future and we may not be able to keep this post updated.

If you’re still having issues adjusting a repos ownership please reach back out and we’ll ensure you get the help you need for this transition.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Laura Addiego June 5, 2019

Great information. Thanks!
Can you give me an example on how to use the REST API?
Is this something I do through CLI?

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2019

Hello Laura,

There are multiple different scripting languages which you can use to interact with a REST API. The easiest point of entry would be to use curl. Further information on how to use curl may be found at https://curl.haxx.se/ along with additional examples of using curl with the Bitbucket cloud REST API at URI, UUID, and structures.

I hope this proves helpful and you’re able to interact with the REST API to get the data you need.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Laura Addiego June 6, 2019

Got it. 
Thank you very much for links.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events