how to change bitbucket pipeline default clone directory

Hi all

probably is not a new question, but I didn't find anything useful, then I ask.

I need to change the pipeline default clone directory, that by default is 

/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build

I read here https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/environment-variables-794502608.html and it seems that the variable is:

BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR

I tried to set this in Settings >> Pipeline >> Environment page of my bitbucket project, but no way.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Daniele

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Daniele,

The $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR variable is for referencing the path so we have the flexibility to change clone dir if needed. It's for internal use only. It's referenced in the article because you can *use* that variable, but it wouldn't make sense to change the value.

If there's a reason why you consider necessary to change the default clone directory, you can submit a Feature request at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues?status=new&status=open so we can consider it for future implementation.

Hope this helps!

Just to emphasize this in case it wasn't clear enough in my previous comment, the variable is for customers to use but it's read only, it can only be modified by Atlassian.

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,352 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you