Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to access payload from Bitbucket Server Integration plugin in Jenkins

Denis Marcin August 4, 2020

this is a very newbie question but i've not found any help on the net so far.

i have installed the Bitbucket Server Integration plugin v2.0.1 on Cloudbees Jenkins Distribution 2.235.2.3 and created a webhook in our Bitbucket server v7.4.0.

the webhook is configured to trigger on any push to a branch right now for testing purposes. the webhook does fire and trigger a job in jenkins. but i need the information in the payload. 

i've seen the payload description but have not been able to access any of the data in it such as the actor's email address and the fromHash and the toHash. how do i access this and potentially other payload data in the jenkins job? please provide as much detail as possible since i am new to webhooks.

thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2020

Hi Denis, welcome!

My understanding is that you're trying to access actor's email address, the fromHash and the toHash, and potentially other payload data from Jenkins. This question seems to be specific to the behavior in Jenkins' side, so I don't think there's much we can do to assist from the Atlassian side.

My recommendation would be to reach out to Jenkins support, as they'll be better equipped to provide you with an answer. They have different channels, you can find them at Jenkins Support.

If you need anything else from Bitbucket side, let us know :)

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events