Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I integrate the bitbucket build Id to my bitbucket pipeline file as a tag for the artifact?

fatma_elbehi September 21, 2021

I would like to specify the bitbucket build Id that appears when running the pipeline into my bitbucket pipeline file as a tag for the version that will be released from bitbucket.

It is very important for us can you help us?

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2021

Hi, @fatma_elbehi!

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Pipelines provides a set of default variables that are available for builds and can be used in scripts. 

It’s possible to get the build number by using the BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER variable: 

The unique identifier for a build. It increments with each build and can be used to create unique artifact names.

You can also find more default variables in this documentation:

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you face any obstacles. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

fatma_elbehi September 23, 2021

Hi,

yes I tried this solution and it works!

but now I want to add Tags in my pipeline with the branches but my script shows errors when adding the tags could you please help?

fatma_elbehi September 23, 2021

I tried this trick but I don't know if it's the correct syntax or not? v2.2.1 is the branch and for v2.2.7 represents the name of the tag.

Screenshot_1.png

Your help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Fatma

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2021

Hi, Fatma!

Could you confirm if you want to run the Pipeline on a Tag or would like to create a Tag?

The reason I’m asking this is that in the original question, you asked to create a tag. If this is what you need, you can run the following: 

git tag $BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Caroline

fatma_elbehi September 24, 2021

Hi caroline,

no not creating a tag but run the pipeline on a Tag.

Thanks,

Fatma

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
September 27, 2021

Hi, Fatma! :) 

In this case, you need to add a section on your .yml file to run the pipelines on tags:

tags:                         # add the 'tags' section
    release-*:                  # specify the tag
      - step:                   # define the build pipeline for the tag
          name: tags
          script:
             - echo $BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER

In the example above, all the tags that start with "release-" will trigger this pipeline. 

In case you would like to read more about how to configure the bitbucket-pipelines.yml, you can access the following link:

Please let me know how it goes and feel free to share any additional questions regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

fatma_elbehi October 1, 2021

I think that the Tags section does not work properly with artifacts any idea why ?

fatma_elbehi October 1, 2021

hello Team,

It works fine now! 

Thanks a lot for the help! I really appreciated!

Best,

Fatma

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
October 1, 2021

Hi, Fatma! 

Thanks for your confirmation, I'm glad to know it's working now :) 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events