Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heroku-deploy

malik_rumi July 19, 2022

This is my first time trying to use pipelines, docker, and yaml. I copied the starter script from the repo and put it into pycharm, along with the script portion. However, pycham immediately complained:

remove prohibited property 'step'  and 'script'

which is here:

push: &push
step:
name: Push and Tag
image: python:3.7
script:
- pipe: atlassian/heroku-deploy:2.0.0

That seemed like a pretty major disagreement to my untrained eyes, so I came here for an explanation.

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2022

Hello @malik_rumi ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I'm not very familiar with Pycharm, but since this is an external IDE, it might be not correctly configured to process the yml file or it expects a different syntax than Bitbucket. I would suggest you take a look at the pycharm's official documentation of how to configure it to interpret YML files.

If that does not work either, my recommendation is to use the official's Bitbucket Cloud online validator: https://bitbucket-pipelines.prod.public.atl-paas.net/validator

You can paste your YML code into this validator and it will point out any formatting issue or syntax error. As long as your YML file passes the checks of the online validator, you should be good at using it as the definition of your pipeline.

Thank you, @malik_rumi .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events