Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grant user and group access to multiple repositories

Tran Tien dung April 19, 2019

Hi everyone, 

In our team project have many repositories, sometimes a new member or group join the team project, I have to grant access for them in all repositories. 

It not a good idea to add access to repositories one by one, so is there any script or method to add user/group access to a list of repositories?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Tran Tien dung April 19, 2019

Hi

I don't want one group can access all repositories. For example group A only get access to repositories of project A. Then we have a new group B, they need to access to some repositories of Project A, not all. So I have to add access for them in the list of repositories provided by them.

I'm looking for a script, it will loop by list of repositories and grant access to the new group. 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2019

Hi,

When you create the group, you decide which repositories will it be able to access. So you can create one group with access to all the repos in project A, and then another group with access to only some of the repos from project A. When you get a new user, you decide to which group you add him.

Regarding the script, I'm not sure what you want to achieve with it. In any case, please note that we won't be able to provide you with one, but you can find all the info and references at Bitbucket Cloud REST API.

Best regards,

Ana 

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2019

Hi,

You can create a user group and make it so every user with access to that group has permissions to all the repositories in the team. You can also make it so every time you create a new repository, the members of that group will get access to it by default.

Then every time you get a new member, you just need to add him to that user group and he'll automatically have access to all the repos. For more information, you can read Create and grant access to team repositories.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events