Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

golang module update not available until ten minutes or so after the commit

Chris Crenshaw July 1, 2021

I have two projects, written in go. Project A is the main application and Project L is the library on which Project A depends.

I make a change to Project L and commit it.

I attempt to update the go.mod in Project A, but the go tools do not see the commit to Project L for about 10-15 minutes - at which point the go module update works correctly.

During this latency period I see the commit on Project L.

I assumed that under the hood that the go module tooling simply used git to pull down the latest commit (when performing the go module update).

Is there some sort of caching going on here? Either with the git server, or something with my golang configuration?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2021

Hi Chris and welcome to the community.

Are Project A and Project L two separate repositories in Bitbucket Cloud?

You mention

the go tools do not see the commit to Project L for about 10-15 minutes

I am unsure where exactly the new commit is not visible. Assuming that Project L is a repo, do you have a clone of this repo (or just its source code) on your local machine or a different server? And is this where you don't see any new commits immediately?

If this is the case, how does this clone (or the source code) on that machine get updated when you make a new commit to the Bitbucket repo? Are you using a CI/CD tool? Are you using webhooks and a script to pull changes on new commits?

The first thing to figure out is how these updates are triggered, in order to find out why this delay occurs.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events