Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git clone getting failed run from dbt

Mischal September 28, 2021

An overview on the jobs which are running on dbt. we have dbt models run from dbt cloud and the models are pulled from bitbucket repository and executed, but recently we are noticing issues while dbt jobs invocation and the message as follows.

"Failed to clone repository.
git clone <repo_url> /tmp/jobs/29399885/target
Cloning into '/tmp/jobs/29399885/target'...
Warning: Permanently added 'bitbucket.org,18.205.93.1' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
error: index-pack died of signal 9
fatal: index-pack failed"

So on multiple retry the job gets executed. without any issue with the clone. would like to know if this is something related to storage issue or memory issue. on checking the repository properties on bitbucket.org, i was unable to see any properties related to memory. only property i could see is the repo storage.

Kindly suggest how to resolve this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2021

Hi @Mischal and welcome to the community.

I've seen issues with the same error reported before, and the culprit in most cases was the memory on the client machine performing the clone. Some users have resolved it by adding more memory to their machine. If a repo has large files, this can also contribute to the issue, for other users the issue was resolved by removing large files from Git history:

If your repo has large files and you decide to remove them from Git history, we'll need to run a git gc on the remote after you push your changes. You can either leave a comment here to request that or open a ticket with the support team via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/.

Just a heads up, I removed the URL of your repo from your post to protect your privacy.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events