cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error when run bitbuket.yml file excute

Jay Khatri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2023
i am writing this scrpit fot connecting to ec2 server

script:
- apk add --no-cache openssh-client
- eval $(ssh-agent -s)
- echo "$awskey" | ssh-add -
- mkdir -p ~/.ssh
- chmod 700 ~/.ssh

but at line 3 " echo "$awskey" | ssh-add - " it give me error  >  + echo "$awskey" | ssh-add -   Error loading key "(stdin)": error in libcrypto.

I already added a variable in the Repository settings.

please give me solution

Thanks, 

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2023

Hi Jay and welcome to the community!

Pipelines does not currently support line breaks in environment variables and a private SSH key has line breaks. If you want to add a private SSH key as a variable you can base-64 encode it first and then add the base64-encoded private key in the variable. You can find more details about this here:

However, if you use only one SSH key in your pipeline, then instead of using a variable you can set up SSH keys from the Repository settings > SSH keys page of the repo:

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Erez Maadani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2023

Hi @Jay Khatri 

This error is usually triggered upon missing newline or the opening and closing lines of the private key (the ones which start and end with "----"). Try the following solutions:

1. Try replacing `- echo "$awskey" | ssh-add -` with `- echo "${awskey}" | ssh-add -` 
  2. Try adding again the private key with all its lines, including "-----BEGIN OPENSSH PRIVATE KEY-----" and "-----END OPENSSH PRIVATE KEY-----"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events