Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

from where we do download bitbucket-7.6.0-1.noarch.rpm

Ramya Arvind January 7, 2022

Hi,

I'm Upgrading the Bitbucket version 7.6.0-1 to 7.19.2, So wanted to know from where do I download the bitbucket-7.19.0-1.noarch.rpm file ,Can you let me know the path where I can find the all bitbucket-7.19.0-1.noarch.rpm files.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Bitbucket is not packaged as an RPM by Atlassian, they only provide non-package-managed installer binaries and simple archive files (for an archive install, you unzip or un-tar the download and manually edit some of the config files in it to do the basic settings)

So when you ask "where do we get bitbucket-7.6.0-1.noarch.rpm", the answer is a simple "You don't".  It's not the way you install or upgrade bitbucket.

What makes you think you can get an rpm for Bitbucket?  What docs are you reading?

0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hey @Ramya Arvind 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !!

rpm package wont be available, we have installer for Linux 64 bit, tar.gz archive and zip archive.

based on the previous installation you have done please choose the right download option here https://www.atlassian.com/software/bitbucket/download-archives

Regards,

Vishwas

Ramya Arvind January 7, 2022

Hi Vishwas,

I’m New to Linux and Have been asked to Upgrade the Bitbucket from old version to New version 7.19.2 ,

I have steps with but confused from where do we get bitbucket-7.6.0-1.noarch.rpm for upgrade the old version.

Have downloaded the .bin file on my desktop, do we have to convert .bin file to .rpm file ?

2 . please find the steps what I’m following :

Package Installation:

Upload bitbucket-5.13.0-1.noarch.rpm into press server's /XX/yy/rpms folder(to my local machine)

Uninstall Bitbucket:

rpm -ev bitbucket-5.5.0-1.noarch

Remove bitbucket package folder:

rm -rf /xx/yy/packages/bitbucket

Install Bitbucket :

cd /xx/yy/rpms

rpm -ivh bitbucket-5.13.0-1.noarch.rpm

So I’m stuck in point of step.

Have downloaded the .zip file for the product.

Regards,

Ramya Arvind

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hey @Ramya Arvind 

Sure let me guide you,

I'm not sure this method looks bit odd to me. Where did you come across these steps ?

The official Atlassian doc says these

We have two methods to upgrade bitbucket.

1. Installer method for this we have to download .bin file and run that installer rest steps the installer guides you. Please check this out https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-upgrade-guide-776640551.html

2. Manual upgrade, for this we have to download we have to download zip file(tar.gz)

check this out https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/upgrade-bitbucket-from-an-archive-file-779292682.html

Please do this on test server before doing on production.

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events