fatal: remote error: Not licensed You do not have permission to access Stash"

Todd Ellner April 20, 2015

I have a user who is an administrator on one project and has read access on another. This morning he was able to access Stash through the gui with no problem. But when he tried to do a git fetch he got the following on both repositories:

git fetch
fatal: remote error: Not licensed
You do not have permission to access Stash. Please contact your administrator to resolve this issue.

I've never seen this before. Looking at the project permissions he is still listed as an administrator on the first project. On the second he inherits read permissions through a group. 

He is part of a group - stash-users - which grants licensed STASH user access.

We have a temporary workaround. He created and installed a new SSH key, configured it with STASH and his git clients. He can use the repositories, but only through ssh, not https. 

There is no obvious reason why he lost his permissions or how to get https access back for him. Any insight would be appreciated.

3 answers

1 vote
Malarvizhi August 3, 2015

Win  7 users:

If you have used git-credential-winstore to store your credential then reset your old credentials by going to control Panel–>User Accounts–>Manage your Credentials–> Generic Credentials–>Edit 

Kundan kumar verma June 21, 2018

Thanks ,I  had changed my system password after that I started getting this error during cloning.

your suggestion helped me a lot.

Chaminda Divitotawela October 15, 2018

This helped me as well. Thanks.

Aatman February 13, 2019

Thanks! Helped me as well. :)

Thaniti prabhu June 26, 2019

Thanks!, It helped me.

1 vote
Gustavo Mota April 23, 2015

I'm experiencing the same problem. It only works if you put http://user:password@stash.com.br/repositoryname

If you don`t pass the password inline this problem happens, but I still don`t know why.

Best Regards 

0 votes
Julio Rincon January 27, 2016

Have a similar issue when Bamboo pulling a repo. It happens occasionally, but it's very annoying.

com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.repository.StashRepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command /../git ls-remote ssh://32c965a3-9ab2-40e1-81ca-ae3e4472d7c6@127.0.0.1:41260/myrepo.git failed with code 128. Working directory was [.]., stderr:
[Warning: Permanently added '[127.0.0.1]:41260' (RSA) to the list of known hosts., fatal: remote error: Unlicensed user, You do not have permission to access Stash. Please ask an administrator to, grant you access., fatal: Could not read from remote repository., , Please make sure you have the correct access rights, and the repository exists.]
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceLastBuildInternal(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:398)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceRevisions(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:286)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events