fatal: remote error: Not licensed You do not have permission to access Stash"

I have a user who is an administrator on one project and has read access on another. This morning he was able to access Stash through the gui with no problem. But when he tried to do a git fetch he got the following on both repositories:

git fetch
fatal: remote error: Not licensed
You do not have permission to access Stash. Please contact your administrator to resolve this issue.

I've never seen this before. Looking at the project permissions he is still listed as an administrator on the first project. On the second he inherits read permissions through a group. 

He is part of a group - stash-users - which grants licensed STASH user access.

We have a temporary workaround. He created and installed a new SSH key, configured it with STASH and his git clients. He can use the repositories, but only through ssh, not https. 

There is no obvious reason why he lost his permissions or how to get https access back for him. Any insight would be appreciated.

3 answers

I'm experiencing the same problem. It only works if you put http://user:password@stash.com.br/repositoryname

If you don`t pass the password inline this problem happens, but I still don`t know why.

Best Regards 

Win  7 users:

If you have used git-credential-winstore to store your credential then reset your old credentials by going to control Panel–>User Accounts–>Manage your Credentials–> Generic Credentials–>Edit 

Thanks ,I  had changed my system password after that I started getting this error during cloning.

your suggestion helped me a lot.

This helped me as well. Thanks.

Have a similar issue when Bamboo pulling a repo. It happens occasionally, but it's very annoying.

com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.repository.StashRepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command /../git ls-remote ssh://32c965a3-9ab2-40e1-81ca-ae3e4472d7c6@127.0.0.1:41260/myrepo.git failed with code 128. Working directory was [.]., stderr:
[Warning: Permanently added '[127.0.0.1]:41260' (RSA) to the list of known hosts., fatal: remote error: Unlicensed user, You do not have permission to access Stash. Please ask an administrator to, grant you access., fatal: Could not read from remote repository., , Please make sure you have the correct access rights, and the repository exists.]
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceLastBuildInternal(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:398)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceRevisions(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:286)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

2,411 views 9 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you