Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: RPC failed; HTTP 503 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 503 Service Unavailable

Krishan Srimal Hettihewa January 6, 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to push large repository into Bitbucket and it's giving me below error. could you please help me to resolve this issue. we are in final stage of migrating our SVN projects into Git. 

krishan@krishan-VirtualBox:~/GitMigration/ngp_fo_oms_core_egypt$ git push --all
Password for 'https://h_krishan@bitbucket.org':
Counting objects: 291319, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (99442/99442), done.
Writing objects: 100% (291319/291319), 37.45 MiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 291319 (delta 112184), reused 290868 (delta 111736)
error: RPC failed; HTTP 503 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 503 Service Unavailable
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Everything up-to-date

I have tried by increasing the buffer size to the largest individual file size of my repository as below. but issue is still there.

git config --global http.postBuffer 524288000

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ahmed Ouertani January 6, 2017

Hello,

What you get it could be related to the proxy_read_timeout of nginx (or any other similar configuration of the proxy in front of Bitbucket). Since you're uploading a large repository BB takes a while to create the pack file on the server without notifying the client. The proxy will close the connection after the timeout but normally you should find what had been uploaded on the server. If it's the case you should open a ticket to the support team to increase this timeout.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Ahmed.

0 votes
Krishan Srimal Hettihewa January 7, 2017

Yes even though i get the above error, i can see some of my data had uploaded in the server.

I will create a ticket to extend the proxy time out period.

Thanks.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events