Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error:14077419:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert access denied

viddik_ August 3, 2018

The problem with "error:14077419:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert access denied" occured today unexpectedly

I found answer as:
git config --global --add http.sslVersion tlsv1.2
but when i try it the error occurs:
error:14077102:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unsupported protocol

OS Windows server 2012
git version 2.18.0.windows.1

Help please

6 answers

3 votes
Robert_Flint December 7, 2018

I had same error, which for me started to appear on 05Dec2018.

I had  been running GitForWindows, 32-bit, Version 1.9.5

I upgraded by downloading and installing 64-bit latest release for Windows 10, which is " 2.19.1.windows.1".

That fixed the problem.

1 vote
izemlyanukhin December 11, 2018
git config --global --add http.sslVersion tlsv1.2
Deniz Cetin April 29, 2019

Thank you! This solved the issue for me

(error:14077102:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unsupported protocol)

0 votes
pragmas_michel December 6, 2018

Hello, where there any recent changes on SSL? Since December 2018 I'm  getting the same error "error:14077102:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unsupported protocol".

pragmas_michel December 6, 2018

Ok, by installing a new GIT version and selecting it under tools>options I could locally fix my problem.

Robert_Flint December 7, 2018

Two days ago (on Dec 5th) I began to get the "fatal: unable to access...: error:14077102:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unsupported protocol" message in response to PULLs and other non-local requests.

This happened to no one else in my company.  I use Windows 10, they all use Macs

I was thinking that the sudden appearance of this problem might have something to do with decommissioning of TLS 1.0.

Per  https://githubengineering.com/crypto-removal-notice , I tried downloading and installing Git Credential Manager for Windows v1.18.3, but that did not solve the problem.

I will try re-installing latest git.

Any advice that might help me would be appreciated

0 votes
viddik_ August 8, 2018

Today i have removed old 104.192.143.x addresses from /etc/hosts and git continued to work fine. Clone, pull and push requests are executed, though a little slower than usual. So i think DNS shifting were the source of the problem and providers DNS was not updated immediately. The problem seems to be solved, thank you!

0 votes
viddik_ August 7, 2018

Adding one of these to /etc/hosts can help:

104.192.143.1 bitbucket.org

104.192.143.2 bitbucket.org

104.192.143.3 bitbucket.org

jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2018

Please remove those IPs. They are being shut down soon.

0 votes
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2018

Are you still having this problem?

viddik_ August 7, 2018

I`ve added one of new bitbucket`s ip addresses to /etc/hosts and now it works. But it seems to be just a temporary solution...

priyansh August 7, 2018

can you please elaborate the solution, i am also getting similar issue

jredmond
Atlassian Team
August 7, 2018

If you're still having this problem, please check your firewall or proxy settings - as we kept telling people through blog posts, tweets, a site banner, painfully-colored CLI messages, and other means, our IPs are changing. (We've now shifted DNS to entirely new addresses, so the old 104.192.143.x addresses will be going away soon.)

If you're confident that your firewall permits traffic to bitbucket.org ports 22 and 443, but you're still having this problem, then please contact our support team with as much information as possible.

viddik_ August 8, 2018

The problem started in different networks simultaneously and firewall or proxy settings were not changed.
Today i have removed old 104.192.143.x addresses from /etc/hosts and git continued to work fine. Clone, pull and push requests are executed, though a little slower than usual. So i think DNS shifting were the source of the problem and providers DNS was not updated immediately.

Bruce Eisenhard December 17, 2018

OK I am seeing the same thing. I have been using sourcetree for more than a year, and I went away for a vacation, pushed changes in before I left.

Came back and tried to do a pull and get the

error:14077102:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO

No changes on my part, if it is IP address related maybe you have DNS issues, as I am accessing via the https://bitbucket.org/...

I can access the bitbucket website, and all appears normal there.

Tried rebooting Windows 10, and updating sourcetree was 2.6.10.0 now the latest 3.0.12

Any suggestions ???

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events