Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enabling merge button after jenkins jobs

ofir gutmacher August 7, 2021

Hi,

I've got a single bitbucket repository which has 3 generic webhooks associated with 3 jenkins jobs.

I also want to make sure that a pull request can be merged only after a succesful jenkins run (of job number 1).

Jenkins job number 1 is a "full CI". (which is why it is important)

jenkins job number 2 is a job which is adding metrics and statistics for a pull request. (less important for merging an open PR)

jenkins job number 3 is a backbone deployment setup for the DEV containers (not relevant for the code repository, as the docker and backbone are on a different repo)

the action of enabling merge button after jenkins jobs is not erally usefull.

I need to enable the merge button only after a successfull job of jenkins FULL CI.

the current plugin, if jobs "2" or "3" are failing, will disallow the merge button, even if jenkins job number "1" is success.

please advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2021

Is there a way you can suppress Jenkins sending "build" results to Bitbucket for job 2 and 3 in the job configuration? Or only configure build results being sent for job 1..

ofir gutmacher August 15, 2021

yes, the jobs are based on a template.

I can split the template, then I'll have 2 of them to manage.

I just wonder if a solution like I tallked about is viable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events