Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

early slack-notify

amrsalah944 June 4, 2022

Hi,

Is there anyway to receive a slack notification on starting the pipeline before anything else ie "Build Setup"?

This is part of my current config

pipelines:
default:
- step:
deployment: test
script:
- pipe: atlassian/slack-notify:2.0.0
variables:
WEBHOOK_URL: $SLACK_WEBHOOK_URL
MESSAGE: 'A deployment is being done .. That may take 18 minutes, Please do not commit any changes during this period'
- apt-get update
- apt-get install -y zip
- zip -r application.zip .

- pipe: atlassian/aws-code-deploy:0.2.5

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2022

Hello @amrsalah944 ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! 

Since the atlassian/slack-notify pipe you use to send a notification to slack runs inside a docker container, I'm afraid it's not possible to run it before the Build Setup.

Currently you can only configure slack notification for pipeline:succeeded, pipeline:failed and pipeline:fixed under Repository Settings > Settigs (under Slack). I went ahead and created the following feature request to add the event "pipeline:start" in the bitbucket slack integration : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @amrsalah944 .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events