docker-machine: command not found while implementing following in bitbucket-pipelines.yml filr

Avinash Jain August 8, 2020

using digital ocean to host the node js backend now i want to deploy to that droplet i have crated a docker conatiner and now want that to move to my droplet then in second last step getting erorr as follows    bash: docker-machine: command not found

script:

- base=https://github.com/docker/machine/releases/download/v0.16.0 && curl -L $base/docker-machine-$(uname -s)-$(uname -m) >/tmp/docker-machine && sudo mv /tmp/docker-machine /usr/local/bin/docker-machine && chmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-machine

- docker login -u user -p password 

- docker pull buildname

- docker-machine env env-File-Name 

- eval $(docker-machine env DropletName)

- docker run -d --env-file .env-file -p 80:8200 docker-image

any help would be much appriciated

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2020

Hi Avinash,

The Docker image used for the build is also relevant for the error that you get.

Are you using a public image in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file and if so, could you please let us know which one?

Just in case you are using atlassian/default-image:2, we have tested this and see that the error no longer occurs if you remove "sudo" from the first command, so this is something you can try.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events