cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

composer update error

Shawn_Seo March 25, 2020

sometimes the pipeline returns error which says:

+ composer update
Do not run Composer as root/super user! See https://getcomposer.org/root for details
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Package operations: 29 installs, 49 updates, 0 removals
- Installing kylekatarnls/update-helper (1.2.0): Downloading (connecting...) Downloading (0%) Failed to download kylekatarnls/update-helper from dist: Could not authenticate against github.com
Now trying to download from source
- Installing kylekatarnls/update-helper (1.2.0): Cloning 5786fa188e

[RuntimeException]

Failed to clone https://github.com/kylekatarnls/update-helper.git, git was not found, check that it is installed and in your PATH env.

sh: 1: git: not found

update [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--dry-run] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--lock] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-autoloader] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--no-suggest] [--with-dependencies] [--with-all-dependencies] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [-a|--classmap-authoritative] [--apcu-autoloader] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--prefer-stable] [--prefer-lowest] [-i|--interactive] [--root-reqs] [--] [<packages>]...

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shawn_Seo March 28, 2020

Here's a recent blog post I found in Google, probably explains what is happening: Composer Based Continuous Integration (CI) Builds Failing Because of Github Rate Limiting

from Daniil_Penkin

0 votes
ready4leads March 26, 2020

Hi, I have the same problem since yesterday. I have read the suggested artice and it works again. Maybe Bitbucket need to write some message to all his customers in the form of alert, so everyone knows about the problem. We could't work since yesterday and this is a big loss for many companies because of this error.

0 votes
Andreas Markauskas March 25, 2020

image: php:7.1.23

It's only today that we started receiving failures despite using the same image for months.

Successful (yesterday):

+ composer global require hirak/prestissimo
Changed current directory to /root/.composer
Do not run Composer as root/super user! See https://getcomposer.org/root for details
Using version ^0.3.10 for hirak/prestissimo
./composer.json has been created
Package operations: 1 install, 0 updates, 0 removals
- Installing hirak/prestissimo (0.3.10): Loading from cache
1/1: http://repo.packagist.org/p/provider-latest$15b09d866c540d0b58160e66d78f46682f52e0b87f019cc6300c049e2665c9cd.json
Finished: success: 1, skipped: 0, failure: 0, total: 1
Writing lock file
Generating autoload files

Fail (today):

+ composer global require hirak/prestissimo
Changed current directory to /root/.composer
Using version ^0.3.10 for hirak/prestissimo
./composer.json has been created
Package operations: 1 install, 0 updates, 0 removals
- Installing hirak/prestissimo (0.3.10): Downloading (connecting...) Downloading (0%) Failed to download hirak/prestissimo from dist: Could not authenticate against github.com
- Installing hirak/prestissimo (0.3.10): Cloning fb6724d5ee

Installation failed, deleting ./composer.json.

[RuntimeException]
Failed to clone https://github.com/hirak/prestissimo.git, git was not found, check that it is installed and in your PATH env.

sh: 1: git: not found

require [--dev] [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--fixed] [--no-progress] [--no-suggest] [--no-update] [--no-scripts] [--update-no-dev] [--update-with-dependencies] [--update-with-all-dependencies] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--prefer-stable] [--prefer-lowest] [--sort-packages] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [-a|--classmap-authoritative] [--apcu-autoloader] [--] [<packages>]...

Andreas Markauskas March 25, 2020

Fix is to install git but I want to know why bitbucket is having authentication issues with github?

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2020

Again, this has nothing to do with Bitbucket as such. The script is running inside of a specified Docker image.

Here's a recent blog post I found in Google, probably explains what is happening: Composer Based Continuous Integration (CI) Builds Failing Because of Github Rate Limiting

Cheers,
Daniil

Like cay89 likes this
Shawn_Seo March 25, 2020

it's working now. thanks.

Like Daniil Penkin likes this
0 votes
Shawn_Seo March 25, 2020

Yes, I'm using docker but as i said it's working basically but sometimes doesn't.

Why the docker image is inconsistent?

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2020

Docker image isn't. I believe that clone doesn't happen every time.

From this log excerpt:

- Installing kylekatarnls/update-helper (1.2.0): Downloading (connecting...) Downloading (0%) Failed to download kylekatarnls/update-helper from dist: Could not authenticate against github.com
- Installing kylekatarnls/update-helper (1.2.0): Cloning 5786fa188e

It looks like it tries to download it from dist first. Can you check the log of successful pipeline and see if it was able to download the update-helper from dist and never fell back to cloning the source?

Cheers,
Daniil

Shawn_Seo March 25, 2020

Here is the log when it's ok.

+ composer update
Package operations: 29 installs, 49 updates, 0 removals
- Installing kylekatarnls/update-helper (1.2.0): Downloading (connecting...) Downloading (0%) Downloading (90%) Downloading (100%)
- Updating symfony/polyfill-mbstring (v1.10.0 => v1.14.0): Downloading (connecting...) Downloading (0%) Downloading Downloading Downloading (90%) Downloading (100%)

Thanks.

Like Daniil Penkin likes this
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2020

Cool, my assumption was correct: here it managed to download from dist, so didn't fall back to cloning the source and never called git.

Cheers,
Daniil

0 votes
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2020

Hello @Shawn_Seo ,

You seem to be running your script in a Docker image that doesn't have git. You need to either install it earlier in the same script or switch to an alternative Docker image which has git preinstalled.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events