changing the name/IP address of stash database server

mydogspot January 19, 2015

I just installed stash and have it set up to connect to the database at 127.0.0.1, but realized that I should instead have it point to a name in my /etc/hosts file (currently 127.0.0.1) so if we decide to move the database to a separate server I can just change the IP address.  I don't see any way to change the IP address once stash has been set up.  Is there a way to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2015

The JDBC connection details are stored in <STASH_HOME>/shared/stash-config.properties. You can edit them there.

Alternatively, you can migrate the Stash database to another database server when the time comes using Adminstration > Database

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2015

Hi, 

If you setup the permissions on the new database, I believe you only need to edit the stash-config.properties to  point to the new database IP address.  So, please follow the steps below:

1 - Stop Stash

2 - Edit the <stash-home-directory>/shared/stash-config.properties and change the IP address on the line jdbc.url=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=stash for the new IP Address

3 - Start Stash

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events