Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can the modified/uncommitted file be visible in the crucible?

vaski nath September 2, 2012

I have an SVN tag where i modified my file and want to send that modified/uncommited file to my reviewer and only after he is ok i will commit it.

I am able to see the updated file in the trunk but it does not give the difference when i send the file for review. It still shows the previously committed file and my new changes are not getting reflected.

Can i view the modified file before commiting it into the SVN?

1 answer

0 votes
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2012

To perform a review on an uncommitted change with Crucible, you need to create a pre-commit, patch based review.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Creating+a+Patch+Review for more details on how you go about creating patch reviews.

Regular reviews in Crucible are post-commit reviews. This means only committed changes are available for a regular review. If the change is uncommitted, it only exists in your working copy and not on the Subversion server to which Crucible is connected. While you can see the updated file, Crucible (and indeed any other Subversion user) cannot.

vaski nath September 3, 2012

Thanks for your answer. While using the patch review i get the following error.

Error:

• No files found in patch. If it is not a valid patch file, upload it as an attachment.

Though, i found another way wherein i am adding the file as an attachment for review.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events