Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't clone repository

Stefan December 5, 2022

Hey, I added my SSH key (multiple times now) but since this week, I can access the repositories in my project. 

Has anyone a good idea, what happend? In the last week, everything works fine. Maybe some changes in bitbucket which i did not get.

thanks, regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2022

Hello @Stefan ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

From the scenario you reported, multiple variables might be affecting your SSH authentication such as :

•  SSH key not being loaded in the SSH agent
  •  The SSH key used is linked to an account that does not have access to the repository in question
  •  If having multiple keys in your local environment, the SSH agent might be trying to use the wrong key.

If the error you are receiving the following error while trying the git command : 

Permission denied (publickey).

I would suggest recommending following the steps listed in the article KB: Permissions denied public key that covers most of the factors that might be causing this issue.

If you are facing a different error or if after following the steps in the article you are still facing the issue, please share the error you are receiving with us.

Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you, @Stefan .

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events