Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't add bitbucket to my organization after migration to the cloud

ddraveh January 6, 2021

I've just migrated Jira and confluence to the cloud, i want to add bitbucket as well (i have it on the server) but i can add it to my organization, it keep pointing me to a test bitbucket i once set up for testing at this address: https://bitbucket.org/dashboard/overview.

how can i have a fresh bitbucket under my organization to be integrated with the other tools?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2021

Hi @ddraveh ,

I'm afraid that Bitbucket Cloud won't show up in your Organization under Products or Billing.

We have feature requests to show Bitbucket billing information in an organization and also unify user management between JIRA/Confluence Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud to provide better management and user experience:

I can see in our system that you have created a Bitbucket Cloud account.

My recommendation would be to create a new workspace in Bitbucket Cloud that will own company repos (as the one that was automatically created when you created your account, is tied to your account).

You can manage access from the workspace's Settings > User groups.
You can view and change the workspace's billing plan from workspace's Settings > Plan details.
You can view all users that count towards your billing plan from workspace's Settings > Users on plan.

User access to a Bitbucket workspace is managed in Bitbucket Cloud website, from the workspace's Settings.

If you have claimed the company's domain and have managed accounts, you should be able to view all managed accounts and make changes to account's themselves from your Organization Directory > Managed accounts.

We have an integration for Bitbucket Cloud and JIRA, which allows you to do things like

• reference JIRA issues in Bitbucket commit messages and PRs
  • view in JIRA issues associated commits and PRs
  • transition JIRA issues with smart commits

You can follow the instructions here to connect a Bitbucket Cloud workspace with your JIRA Cloud instance, and this page has more documentation articles regarding what you can do if you set up the integration.

If you have any questions or need further help, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

ddraveh January 10, 2021

Thanks!

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events