Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not use sourcetree with bitbucket cloud.

David Ballard March 31, 2023

First of all out of frustration what pice of sh** sourcetree is!

What the hell does "The host key is not cached for this server: bitbucket.org"

I followed the recommendations in an advisory from Atlassian with two ways to resolve this issue and neither of them worked. So explain to me what the above error message means!

Oh one more thing; I don't think anyone could write a more worthless error message!

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Sourcetree. The error message "The host key is not cached for this server: bitbucket.org" usually means that the SSH key for the Bitbucket server is not recognized on your local machine. To resolve this issue, you can try the following: 1. Open a terminal window. 2. Type the following command: `ssh -T git@bitbucket.org` 3. You will be prompted to add the host to your known_hosts file. Type `yes` and press enter. 4. Enter your passphrase, if prompted. If this doesn't work, you can also try deleting the existing key for Bitbucket and generating a new one. You can follow the steps outlined in the Atlassian documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/set-up-ssh-for-git-728138079.html to do this. I understand that error messages can be frustrating, but they are designed to provide information about what went wrong so that the issue can be resolved. If you continue to have trouble, please feel free to raise a support request or search the Atlassian Community for further assistance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events