Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not see repositories in Atlassian bitbucket vscode extension

Mohamed Fahmy March 20, 2023

i have Atlassian extension setup with a custom site for both Jira and Bitbucket.

the Tickets for Jira do show up in Vscode but for some reason Bitbucket never manages to connect to any repository. i always have "no bitbucket repositories found in this workspace"

1 answer

0 votes
Vytenis Kučiauskas March 21, 2023

VSCode changed and deprecated git functionality for getting repositories

https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/blob/27f15db3c1ec3155c8c65797fe0c8d978e59d0bf/extensions/git/src/api/api1.ts#L38

So the issue should be fixed on Atlassian side

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Actually, no, VSCode is the client, not the service.  It's up to clients to support the services they are clients for, it's not up to a service to provide things that they don't want to.

VSCode and/or Github need to fix this, not Atlassian.  In this case, there's nothing Atlassian could do, they don't either of the services that have the problem.  Bitbucket is stuck in the middle.

Ernest Zapata March 24, 2023

I went back and installed extension version 2.10.2 which does find my local repositories

FDisk March 25, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- no actually you are wrong. The extension is using vscode internal functions and they changed. Why it was changed is a different story. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2023

Eh?  I said the service has not changed, but the client has, exactly as you say too.

yakirgb April 5, 2023

I see same issue with latest Atlascode plugin: 3.0.3, any workaround ? 

FDisk April 5, 2023

did your vscode is up to date? In my case 

vscode version: 1.77.0
and plugin 3.0.3

this combination works for me

yakirgb April 5, 2023
I'm using latest vscode 1.77.0 too,
with Bitbucket version v7.4.0
yakirgb April 10, 2023

Any ideas how to debug the issue of "no bitbucket repositories found in this workspace" ? 

Like tidhar_klein_orbach likes this
tidhar_klein_orbach May 1, 2023

I noticed that my remotes were configured:
ssh://git@bitbucket.mycompany.com:7999/myrepo.git

so I added another remote with the same url without the "ssh://" git@bitbucket.mycompany.com:7999/myrepo.git

after that I was managed to see the repository in vscode.

Like yakirgb likes this
yakirgb May 1, 2023

Replace "ssh://" with "https://" resolved the issue.

I think there is a bug with "ssh://" 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events