can not Create a username for Bitbucket Cloud

alaa eldin elashri December 18, 2020

After create account with my google account new page appears asked me to create user name and i try many times to write many different user name and when i click continue button no response from page...so how to login plz

15 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020

Hi @alaa eldin elashri and everyone,

Our engineering team has identified what was causing this issue and a fix has been deployed. Account creation for Bitbucket Cloud should work now as expected. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

Could you please confirm is the issue is resolved for you now?

If you need anything further please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

jaldeangrant December 21, 2020

It works now, thanks

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020
Like Theodora Boudale likes this
8 votes
bruno December 18, 2020

Solved guys... you'll want to hack the page to make it work.

Open the page inspector, focus on the "continue" button. You'll notice the button is disabled - that's why nothing happens when you hit that button.

Simply remove the disabled property and submit your chosen username.

rene rowell dela rama December 20, 2020

Already did that but it just goes back to the page where you create usernme.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2020

Hi @rene rowell dela rama , @bruno ,

Welcome to the community!

Due to some issue, the continue button has been disabled! It will be available soon! I will recommend you all to wait for a few hours (a maximum of 48 hours) but I think it will be fixed in the next 24 hours!!

Currently, there is a way out for this but I don't recommend doing it as it has been disabled by the Atlassian Team due to some reason,

To Enable the button, you have to go to developer mode or inspect in your browser and find for disabled and remove '"disabled = "disabled" class from the code'.
iamzepp December 20, 2020

Thank, @Bruno!

Like Firzy likes this
bruno December 20, 2020

@rene rowell dela rama this happens when the username is already taken - it's not displaying a message when the username isn't available. Try another username and repeat the process

Like # people like this
iamzepp December 20, 2020

The absence of autotests is evil.

Like bruno likes this
2 votes
Gopi Chikka December 19, 2020

I Have same problem removed the disabled attribute too. still not working..

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2020

Hi @Gopi Chikka ,

Due to some issue, the continue button has been disabled! It will be available soon! I will recommend you all to wait for a few hours (a maximum of 48 hours) but I think it will be fixed in the next 24 hours!!

Currently, there is a way out for this but I don't recommend doing it as it has been disabled by the Atlassian Team due to some reason,

To Enable the button, you have to go to developer mode or inspect in your browser and find for disabled and remove '"disabled = "disabled" class from the code'.
bruno December 20, 2020

@Gopi Chikka this happens when the username is already taken - it's not displaying a message when the username isn't available. Try another username and repeat the process

1 vote
Oluwamayowa Amusat December 18, 2020

I'm having the same problem - the continue button seems to be broken.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2020

Hi @Oluwamayowa Amusat ,

0 votes
Carlos Alfonso Lobato Wong September 14, 2022

I am facing this issue right now. No matter what I put on the username field, I get username already exists error and can't get past it.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2020

Hi @bruno ,

The issue has been fixed as I told you that it will be fixed within a few hours!

0 votes
jaldeangrant December 20, 2020

@Soumyadeep Mandal I was waiting over 48 hours but still have same issue
Is there any solution?

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2020

Hi @jaldeangrant ,

I have asked the Atlassian Team to fix the problem a few hours ago when I noticed that there was a problem! It will be fixed by Monday!

I don't recommend anyone to edit any code!

I already commented for everyone that Currently, there is a way out for this but I don't recommend doing it as it has been disabled by the Atlassian Team due to some reason,

bruno December 20, 2020

The issue started Friday @Soumyadeep Mandal and still nothing. It's a major bug. New users can't join bitbucket. It's not something to wait till Monday to be fixed. 

0 votes
Isabella Amelia December 20, 2020

First of all Open https://bitbucket.org/account/signup/ in your browser. Complete the fields on the form.

1. Click a service under the You can also sign up with heading.
  2. Select an account.
  3. Follow the provider's prompts to complete the sign up process.
  4. When prompted by Bitbucket to authenticate, choose Set a password.

But if the account is not created then you can enable continue button through this method:

You select the element, using document.querySelector() or document.getElementById() :

1. const button = document. query Selector('button') If you have multiple buttons you might want to use document.
  2. button. disabled = true. To enable it back again, you set it to false to enable it again:
  3. button. disabled = false.

I think this information might help you.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2020

Hi @Isabella Amelia ,

I don't recommend anyone to edit any code!

I already commented for everyone that Currently, there is a way out for this but I don't recommend doing it as it has been disabled by the Atlassian Team due to some reason,

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2020

Hi @Yangyiwei Yang , @TEAM ID , @Carl A ,

0 votes
Carl A December 20, 2020

Is there any solution?

I tried removing the attribute, but it still doesn't work for me.

0 votes
TEAM ID December 19, 2020

Inspect Elemets and edit "Continue" script section to enabled.

0 votes
Yangyiwei Yang December 19, 2020

I encountered the same problem as well

0 votes
Kubaz December 19, 2020

I encountered the same problem.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2020

Hi @Kubaz ,

0 votes
bruno December 18, 2020

same here... if you inspect the page there are now http requests coming out after you click "Continue". Whatever you deployed guys, please roll back.

0 votes
Cass Kalinski December 18, 2020

Same here, so watching for a reply as well.

I have an existing Jira and Confluence account. My org just sent me an invite to Bitbucket. Logged on with the same email/password. Takes me to the "create user name" screen. Appears to be a dead link as it does nothing. No spinner. No error message. Tried several possible user names.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2020

Hi @Cass Kalinski ,

Like Cass Kalinski likes this
Cass Kalinski December 20, 2020

Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal,

I saw an email with bruno's post about the hack and tried it before I saw your reply. The hack did work and I was able to access the account. Hopefully with no adverse side effects! 

Thanks!
Cass 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events