building docker image: cannot allocate memory

Xavier Naud November 29, 2017

I am building a docker image using the  the fabric8/docker maven plugin and end up with the following error:

Unable to build image: Error processing tar file(exit status 1): write /usr/share/zoneinfo/posix/Pacific/Wallis: cannot allocate memory

my pipeline is:

image: maven:3.5

options:
docker: true

clone:
depth: 5

pipelines:
custom:
build-deploy-to-beta: &beta
- step:
caches:
- maven
script:
- curl "https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws-cli/awscli-bundle.zip" -o "awscli-bundle.zip"
- unzip awscli-bundle.zip
- ./awscli-bundle/install -i /usr/local/aws -b /usr/local/bin/aws
- $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR/src/main/ci/configure-maven.sh
- $(aws ecr get-login --no-include-email)
- mvn verify docker:build docker:push
- $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR/bin/update-search-task.sh beta ${BITBUCKET_COMMIT:0:5}
branches:
master: *beta

When I execute the pipeline on a local docker image as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/debug-your-pipelines-locally-with-docker-838273569.html

I don't get the error. I start my local image with:

docker run -it -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /usr/bin/docker:/usr/bin/docker --volume=/mls-search:/mls --workdir="/mls" --memory=4g --memory-swap=4g --entrypoint=/bin/bash maven:3.5

What is different between the local docker build and the bitbucket one so I can reproduce the issue locally?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

Possibly this has just been caused by an intermittent operational error with Bitbucket Pipelines, see the following incident:

Accordingly, things might just work if you try again now?

Xavier Naud November 29, 2017

Thanks.

That was it.

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2017

Glad to hear @Xavier Naud - please also 'accept' my answer as solution via the checkmark on the left side so that it doesn't show up as unanswered anymore, thereby keeping others and myself focused on and motivated to assist with new questions :) - thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events