branches not showing in bitbucket?

Hi,

When I m trying to migrate from subversion to git able to saw the all the branches of that repository when run the command like

$git branch -a

After that i push the git repository into bitbucket using the command like:

$git push -u origin --all

, but here in bitbucket i m able see only the master branch. Can any one resolve this issue pls.

Thanks in Advance.

4 answers

0 votes
Jesse Yowell Atlassian Team Aug 06, 2013

Hi Nageswarara,

You want to make sure you have checked out a certain branch in your repo first, by doing:

git checkout <branch_name>

Afterwards, you should be working on that specific branch: http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Branching-What-a-Branch-Is

Also, be sure to read up on merging: http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Branching-Basic-Branching-and-Merging

Cheers,

Jesse

I am also having the same issue. I have run the push command in verbose mode, it display all the branches and tag creation logs, but in bitbucket it showing only the master with no tag and branch. And if try to push, again, it says everything is upto date.

I am also having the same issue. I have run the push command in verbose mode, it display all the branches and tag creation logs, but in bitbucket it showing only the master with no tag and branch. And if try to push, again, it says everything is upto date.

I Resolve This Problem By Executing The Cleanup command

$ java -Dfile.encoding=utf-8-jar svn-migration-scripts.jar clean-git --force

Finally I m able to view the Brances in my Bitbucket

Where did you run this command?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

2,333 views 9 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you