Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

branch is ahead of 'origin/master' &&& cannot git push

Андрей Изотов
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 29, 2019

Good day. I make git pull original && git fetch, but when make git status I get : 

On branch master
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 6 commits.
(use "git push" to publish your local commits)

nothing to commit, working tree clean

I make git pull and get one commit from origin/master. Make git status and take:

On branch master
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 7 commits.
(use "git push" to publish your local commits)

nothing to commit, working tree clean

I cannot make push to remote repo. What wrong I do?

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2019

Hello and welcome to the Community.

What happens when you try to push?

git push origin master
Андрей Изотов
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2019

Hello. I get access denied. I can't push to origin master. I can push another branch and make pull request. 

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2019

It sounds like your repository has branch permissions enabled. For instance, there may be a rule that says developers cannot push directly to master. In this case, you could push to a feature branch and then create a pull request against master.

You can read more about branch permissions in the docs: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/branch-permissions-385912271.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events