bithucket server high cpu high memory

klin111 March 11, 2022

The bitbucket service is unavailable, high cpu and high memory appear, and it is found that git pack-objects occupies a lot of memory and cpu resources. This problem happens occasionally, is there any solution?

2 answers

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2022

Hi @klin111 ,

there are many aspects that could impact your bitbucket performances. Please read the following article https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/scaling-bitbucket-server-776640073.html that could help you in order to increase performances.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

klin111 March 14, 2022

Thanks, I have read this official article and it doesn't seem to solve my problem. git cpu memory high problem. Do you have any other articles to recommend?

Mark Hitt July 20, 2022

Same for me, I've followed the resources doc and configured the server to represent a large instance of Bitbucket and it still crashes regularly.

0 votes
Nearshoring Java Websphere April 6, 2023

no update on this issue? we are facing similar issue with several git pack objects taking all the systems memory and leading to OOM errors in linux

Mark Hitt April 6, 2023

I was able to get it resolved on my end. Our build server, Team City, was connecting to Bitbucket so frequently, I believe each project was connecting every 30 seconds looking for code changes that it was taking up most of the resources. To resolve the issue, we setup webhooks between Team City and Bitbucket so that a build would run only when code was committed, instead of each project checking every 30 seconds. 

Hope this helps

Nearshoring Java Websphere April 10, 2023

Thanks Mark. Something similar on our end. We had end users uploading big files which were being processed by git consuming so much memory and cpu and having the rest of processes waiting until collapse of the system. 

More control on what users are uploading to certain projects solved the issue.

Thx for your reply!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events