Hi, I've been in the process of setting up jira, confluence, and now Bitbucket on my machine (windows).
I can't get it to proceed past the database setup screen for just bitbucket. The test database connection works, and it creates a good number of tables in the schema for bitbucket, but then the page just refreshes and returns to the database setup page fresh without any indication of an error. Checking the logs in both the Bitbucket home and the application data for Bitbucket folders doesn't report any entries or problems from this either.
I'm using postgresql 9.3, I have the latest git for windows 2.x installed (the Bitbucket installer was satisfied about that), I've got a separate role/schema/tablespace/database combination for each product (jira, confluence, and bitbucket) and the other apps are up and running OK. My git is set to use the 'windows command prompt' option which is supposedly one of the two compatible options.
I followed the steps to create the role and database correctly (e.g. -1 connection limit, encoding UTF8) - at least I believe I have. Couldn't find any existing articles or google results to help figure out why I seem to be stuck in a loop on this page and would appreciate any ideas or experience dealing with this please?
One thought that just occurred to me, is that my git installation is brand new, no setup or anything beyond running the installer, getting the services running, and then checking the response with a 'git --version' at the command prompt. Did I miss any requirements here? I was hoping to not muck about with it too much here and would do necessary administration through the Bitbucket integration instead.
Thanks a lot.
Ok, looks like I had a few issues/problems.
Following these adjustments I was able to install and get an external db configured just like the other Atlassian products I'm trialling.
The key differences I had to make between this application and the others (where it wasn't necessary) were with respect to leaving the default schema as 'public', avoiding quotes around the git paths, and avoiding spaces in the Bitbucket paths.
Forgot to mention that I set my default tablespace and default schema (search path) to my Bitbucket specific entries too, confirmed that they were working by connecting to postgresql as my Bitbucket db user and created a table without specifying schema or tablespace, checked how it appeared in pg_tables, then dropped it again. I did that to avoid clashes with the other products which are setup in the same way with their respective entries too.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot