bitbucket pull request and mirroring

I'm having a problem getting Bitbucket to push synchronization events to the Bitbucket mirror when I merge a pull request from the Bitbucket UI.  A scenario of the problem is below.

#####from a git client####

git clone ssh://git@bitbucketmirror:7999/bitbuckettest/test/testrepo.git

git remote set-url --push origin ssh://git@bitbucketprimary:7999/bitbuckettest/test/testrepo.git

git checkout remote some_remote_branch

git add testfile

git commit -m "add it" testfile

git push

##########At this point my testfile is added to my repo and I can see the sync to the mirror repo for my branch####

Via the console I go to the repo and create a pull request and merge to master.

### back to remote git client###

git branch master

git pull

Already up-to-date

I don't see the testfile come down until the "Batch synchronizing" action happens on the mirror.  I verified my ssl certs are working correctly between the mirror and the primary server with SSLPoke.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I recommend you open a support case at https://support.atlassian.com/, so that we may collect more information on your setup.

If you would like to troubleshoot this for yourself: it sounds like the webhooks the primary Bitbucket instance is firing off may not be received by the mirror. The most common cause for this is misconfigured SSL certificates, or using self signed certificates, which will not be trusted by the mirror unless explicitly configured. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,501 views 9 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you