Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbucket.org Cant create PR because commits not seen

Cornel Buz August 2, 2021

I have an account on bitbucket.org. I worked locally and I promoted/pushed my changes in a dev branch. When I go on bitbucket.org to create a pull request and I select the dev and master  for branches, I'm told that 

<<<

There are no changes

No commits on dev that aren't on master.

>>>

And I cannot create the PR using the web interface provided by bitbucket.org. If I browse the source of the two branches, I do see they're different. If I go and search for commits, I can see the commit there too. The only kind of strange thing I see is that the dev branch is not listed in the branches unless I select "All branches", that is, it is not displayed when the (default) active branches filter is selected.

Any ideas what's going on?

Tks,

2 answers

0 votes
Valentyn Shtronda August 4, 2022

After a year, the same happened to me. In half an hour the problem went away without any actions from my side. Seems like temporary problem on BitBucket server side.

Are they doing some upgrade on August 2-4? :)

0 votes
Cornel Buz August 3, 2021

FYI

As a workaround, I just created a new branch (wip) off the dev branch, I added a small change in it and then I was able to create the PR from wip into master and it contained both the commit from dev and the new one from wip. Oh, well, very strange. 

Shane West August 3, 2021

I'm seeing the same behavior, but this workaround also worked for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events