bitbucket branch permission not working as it should

stashluu March 8, 2017

why my bitbucket branch permission in the exclusion list is not working as it should?

5 answers

0 votes
Dorin Simion June 11, 2019

Any update? I have same issue. I try to make push and said I have no permission. If I remove permission branch and I push again, it works and it use the user that I had before in exception. This happen when using mvn release:prepare

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017

When the push is working, without the branch restrictions, can you check if the commit is made by the same user id you are trying to exclude? You might have a different user id in the git config? 

0 votes
stashluu March 8, 2017

perhaps there maybe another hidden switch that need to activate? I could not figure it out this.

Thanks,

Andy

0 votes
stashluu March 8, 2017

i set the branch configuration with this:

Optional: Add exemptions for any of the selected restrictions. Adding a user or group as an exemption means that it will not apply to them. This is not required; not adding any exemptions means the restriction will apply to everyone.

put the Atlassian (bamboo build machine) user id in the exclusion list for branch "develop"

I checked Prevent all changes, Prevent changes without a pull request, except by Atlassian userID. When bamboo do a release to staging, the Atlassian should automatically update all pom.xml files to the next development version and push the branch backup.

This will work if i remove the "develop" branch in the branch permission, however, once i put it back, it will failed and complain with this error:

'refs/heads/develop' is read-only.Branch refs/heads/develop can only be modified through pull requests.Check your branch permissions configuration with the project administrator.-

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2017

It's hard to say without more information. Perhaps you can specify what your branch permission configuration is and what you expect and what actually happens?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events