Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bash git fetch/pull stopped working...

jcarnuccio June 22, 2021

As of 6/21/2021 git fetch and git push from a bash terminal (the git scm bash terminal) just sit there forever and never return. They worked fine prior to 6/21/2021.

They work ok from a gui like GitKraken.

Is there something I have to enable/configure...?

Has anyone else seen this, has something changed at the Atlassian Bitbucket...?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2021

Hi, @jcarnuccio! Welcome to the community! 

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question, so to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter on two different platforms, let’s focus on the ticket instead.

Feel free to share the resolution here to help other community members that may have the same issue. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

jcarnuccio July 6, 2021

I did not really find an answer.

I found that back-revving git scm to 2.31.1 seems to solve the problem.

However, prior to 6/21/2021 git scm 2.32.0 was working correctly (i.e. git fetch and git push from the git scm bash terminal were working fine).

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hi, @jcarnuccio.

After looking into it and similar reports from other users, this looks to be a bug with Git 2.32 and the credential manager, as you can see here:

And as you already found out, downgrading the Git version is a workaround, until this issue is resolved.

I hope this clarifies the situation, but please let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events