Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

bad numeric config value 'null' for 'commit.gpgsign': invalid unit

I have Eror from this commit ? have any idea solution?kw.PNG

4 answers

If you are on Linux, just delete the '~/.gitconfig' or '/home/$USER/.gitconfig' file. This will take git to an unconfigured state. The problem was that somehow the configuration file got changed by some unwanted operation and the value of `gpgsign` was set to `null`. Deleting the file or deleting the line containing `gpgsign` should solve the problem.

Edit: That problem is due to you have "git gpg signing" turned on, but no GnuPG installed. It's easy to disable it permanently by modyfing your .gitconfig, just type this command:

git config --global commit.gpgsign false 

Ok I managed to fix the issue following this post https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39494631/gpg-failed-to-sign-the-data-fatal-failed-to-write-commit-object-git-2-10-0 and Shayan Amani answer. Basically we need to update our gpgsign and sync the email with it inside GitHub. 

some eror, any idea please?

0 votes

Could you try the next command?

git -c commit.gpgsign=false commit

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=264619

Hi, it looks like a common issue on GitHub, I'm trying to run a commit but I get same error then I tried your command with no succeed, any other suggestion?

GIT version 2.30.2

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

⭐ Calling all Bitbucket and DevOps experts: Special showcase opportunity ⭐

Hi, Bitbucket community! Are you a DevOps practitioner (or know one in your network)? Do you have DevOps tips, tricks, or learnings you'd like to share with the community? If so, we'd love to hea...

1,514 views 4 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you