Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad numeric config value 'null' for 'commit.gpgsign': invalid unit

agung kurniawan April 22, 2021

I have Eror from this commit ? have any idea solution?kw.PNG

4 answers

3 votes
Shamiul Hasan May 30, 2021

If you are on Linux, just delete the '~/.gitconfig' or '/home/$USER/.gitconfig' file. This will take git to an unconfigured state. The problem was that somehow the configuration file got changed by some unwanted operation and the value of `gpgsign` was set to `null`. Deleting the file or deleting the line containing `gpgsign` should solve the problem.

0 votes
AlpízarGregory August 19, 2021

Edit: That problem is due to you have "git gpg signing" turned on, but no GnuPG installed. It's easy to disable it permanently by modyfing your .gitconfig, just type this command:

git config --global commit.gpgsign false 
0 votes
yehanny olivares April 27, 2021

Ok I managed to fix the issue following this post https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39494631/gpg-failed-to-sign-the-data-fatal-failed-to-write-commit-object-git-2-10-0 and Shayan Amani answer. Basically we need to update our gpgsign and sync the email with it inside GitHub. 

agung kurniawan May 1, 2021

some eror, any idea please?

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

Could you try the next command?

git -c commit.gpgsign=false commit

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=264619

yehanny olivares April 27, 2021

Hi, it looks like a common issue on GitHub, I'm trying to run a commit but I get same error then I tried your command with no succeed, any other suggestion?

GIT version 2.30.2

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events