aws-sam-deploy: build node.js

Jeffrey Schwartz November 17, 2020

Hey gang,

I understand that the aws-sam-deploy pipe supports the `sam package` and `sam deploy` commands. However, using COMMAND 'all' is insufficient for deploying my nodejs12x Lambda Functions as npm dependencies aren't included. I need the `sam build` command to run. Is there a reason why this is not supported by aws-sam-deploy pipe currently? Or is it and I'm just overlooking this? I'm happy to contribute to the project to add this feature if it's possible

Best,

Jeff 

2 answers

0 votes
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Jeffrey Schwartz ,

welcome to fork the aws-sam-deploy pipe and provide the PR with your ideas.

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2020

@Jeffrey Schwartz you can execute your sam build before executing the pipe.

Actually, we can think within a team about the possibility to add the feature , but I don't guarantee that it will be supported, because sam-deploy pipe has already a lot of features and the purpose of the pipe to be small and simple. Another pipe for that can be written.

If you want to contribute, you can write your own custom pipe (see how to write a pipe ) and then you can also contribute this pipe officially if you'd like to. We are always happy to help with this.

Look at the ways to do this and we are looking forward to get your answers.

Cheers, Galyna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events