atlas-install-plugin fails if the plugin is larger than 1 MB

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2013

Other Atlassian products don't have a problem. Where can this be configured?

/admin/uploadplugin.action

org.springframework.web.multipart.MaxUploadSizeExceededException

exceeds the configured maximum (1048576)

2 answers

0 votes
Stefan Saasen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2013

Hi Bob,

As a workaround, could you please use a more recent version of the SDK (I'm using 4.1.5 at the moment)? The upload URL used to upload the plugins changed and isn't affected by the upload-size limitation in more recent versions.

Cheers,

Stefan

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

I am careful about switching SDK levels in general. A made a separate 4.1.7 install, but, that fails as well. No error in the logs this time, just the command line error: Install Plugin: Couldn't get the token from upm. Headers. Falling back to legacy upload.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2013

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay. I'm afraid I couldn't reproduce it locally - it's certainly not intentional.

Just curiuos, can you upload it via the UI instead? What version of Stash are you running? Do you have any extra settings in your stash-config.properties or JVM arguments? Could you mind posting the full stacktrace?

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon.

Charles

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2013

Hmmm, both 2.2.0 and 2.3.0. Yes, works fine via upload file or url, just not plugin install. I can open an issue if you want (where would be best?). So, I take it there is no configuration setting that can be adjusted as the error message suggests.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2013

Hi Bob,

You _might_ want try setting 'avatar.max.size' in stash-config.properties to something larger than '1048576'. I don't think that's it, but that's the only value that might conceivably affect what you're seeing.

I forgot to ask, what version of amps do you have installed?

You can raise support tickets at:

https://support.atlassian.com/

Cheers,

Charles

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2013

Funny, I didn't get this notification. I ended up creating AMPS-962 since it is a development problem. AMPS 3.11.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events